Friday, May 3, 2013

I Learned Today To Tweet... or Twitter

   Today is a Red Letter Day for Mrs. Given!  The strange 't' icon at the bottom of my blog posts has haunted me since November, so out of curiosity, I clicked on it, detonating a two-hour process causing me to become a Tweeting Member of society.
   First I had to 'follow' other twatters and the limitless choices paralyzed me.  Eventually, I chose randomly.  I now follow President Obama, Paula Poundstone and one prison-bound serial killer on death row.  Also, Nora Ephron even though she is dead.

Meanwhile, I tried to send out my first 'tweet' but I have no idea where it went.  I'm 54 and very preoccupied with myeloma research so I've already forgotten what I twatted out there.

Eventually I will ask one of my students, Jamie F., to please tell me where my tweet went.

But until that day comes, I am inventing and patenting my own brand of Tweeting, using the wisdom gleaned from twenty-five pages of legal documents harboring Twitter disclaimers and consents I believe I signed just so I could hit "NEXT."

I have sixty characters per twit.  Or maybe 40.  This is no problem.

No, really.

I'll start this in a different post to show you. I can't call this Twitter or Tweeting, and twat would just upset my brother and one of my offspring.  So I guess I will call it Blitter, where I will Bleat on my Blog.

I will start this process in a moment.

Love, Carolyn with anticipated gratitude cast toward Jamie F.!!!   My techno-hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment